Many individuals describe a complaint ‘why am I bloated all the time’. In the most serious of cases, there is something that blocks the intestines. This blockage could be an intestinal polyp, tumor, or telescoping of the intestines. In such cases, medical intervention is very crucial.
But if nothing shows up and everything seems normal, it could be caused by:
This is especially true in women in childbearing years. Their hormonal levels constantly change in anticipation to childbirth, and often experience such imbalance during menstrual periods, pregnancy, puberty or menopause. Some surge of hormones causes enlargement of the ovaries or uterus which lies in proximity to intestines, causing partial and temporary blockage.
Some people do not realize that overdosing oneself with caffeine is very easy. In times wherein we need to work for prolonged hours, we often take more caffeine than the body can handle. Caffeine does increase mental processes but it decreases the motility of intestines, slowing passage of food. This is probably one of the common reasons why people complain ‘why am I bloated all the time’.
Large intake of fiber-deficient food
This is very common among working people, who prefers fast food loaded mostly with fat and carbohydrates but offers little fiber content. When these items are digested, they quickly become a heavy compacted mass which has difficulty in moving through the intestine to cause bloating.
Too much intake of cruciferous vegetables
Vegetables like cabbage, kale, collard greens, kohlrabi, broccoli, brussels sprout and cauliflower causes too much gas formation in the stomach. This gas displaces a lot of volume in the bowels, producing feelings of bloating.
Management and remedies
In the absence of medical condition, natural herbs and remedies are very effective in relieving bloating symptoms.
- Still, the best bloating-reliever is still water. To be more effective, mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink 1 hour after meals to lubricate the food in the bowels.
- Make it a habit to consume at least two to three servings of fiber rich vegetables and fruits to prevent constipation.
- Two tablespoons of blackstrap molasses taken in the morning helps reduce gas formation in the stomach.
- Although healthy, eat cruciferous veggies in moderation. Avoid taking a meal composed largely of these veggies or suffer from the consequences.
- The herbal tincture Iberogast is found effective in treating bloating.
More herbal preparations like peppermint, caraway seeds and red hot pepper powder are effective in reducing bloating especially when added into food. But constant and unrelieved bloating should be evaluated, especially when accompanied by other symptoms like vomiting. But in the absence of medical condition, natural remedies are really effective in relieving complaints of ‘why am I bloated all the time’.
- Why Am I Always Bloated?
- Why Do I Always Feel Bloated? – 3 Potential Uncommon Causes
- What Causes a Bloated Stomach?
- Causes of Bloated Stomach
- Cure for Bloated Stomach